Monday, July 25, 2011

If You Leave Me Now

I read. A lot. And with all the widgets and sites that were meant to lead us from one great book to another, there's no accounting for the quirks that pop up in a reading list. With music, you add one little Beastie Boys song to your R.E.M. Pandora account and it's playing Peter Cetera before you know what's happened. Bookwise, you admit a fondness for celebrity autobiographies, Y.A. fiction, or great chick lit and you're having to bulk load Jane Austen titles to the list to maintain any literature credibility.

I'm hoping this will turn into a literary circle of epic proportions. And by epic proportions, I mean that I'd love to have enough recommended books to stay ahead of my local library hold list. So, I'm hoping I can tell you what I read and love and you guys can throw in a recommendation for various scenic overlooks or roadside attractions along the way. I'll try not to make this like a third-grade book review - (If you want to know more, you'll have to read the book!) - but I do jump genres and I'll have a lot more to say about some books than others. This could be fun.

1 comments:

Babbling Brutons said...

Love it...but you know that you and I DO NOT read the same type of books....I love trash and you read Literature!!!

So I am going to throw in the really good stuff...vampires, werewolves and ghost love stories just to make it interesting!!!

Post a Comment